YORKAPEEKAPOMAPOO

These cute puppies are for sale in the Atlanta paper for $400 each.
Pure marketing genius here, take some mixed breed dog and make it seem like its a new, designer breed.
Sorry folks, its a mutt. Heinz 57.
I don't go for cross breeding of dogs to get smaller, more portable dogs. Mixed breeds deserve a good life for certain, but don't go slapping a big expensive price tag on a batch of puppies that probably originally resulted because some dog got impregnated by some other breed of dog. Goldendoodles, snoodles, chi-poohs, labradoodles, malti-poos, shi-poos, toy chihauzers, lashpoos, yorki-poos, cock-a-poos. Give me a break. These sound like some characters from a Dr. Suess book, not dogs. But, low and behold, all for sale in the Atlanta paper.
If you want a new accessory, go buy a purse. If you want a dog, go to the shelter or rescue and get a real dog!

4 Comments:
At 4:43 PM,
Betsy said…
There are lots of -poo dogs in the Detroit paper, too. At Petsmart they have a section with books about training, different breeds, etc. My favorite was (and I promise I'm not making this up) "Designer Dogs for Dummies." They got that right.
At 4:59 PM,
Megan: Dyer, Spinner and Weaver said…
Lurchers are a greyhound/sighthound mix dog developed by Irish gypsies a bazillion years ago. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lurcher
Perhaps an early accessory dog?
At 8:35 AM,
pedalista said…
I thought that was a picture of one of those toys that people used to put in the back window of their car with the bobble head on it. That really looks like a fake dog. Paris Hilton wants one.
At 9:28 AM,
Unknown said…
This is proof that once again P.T. Barnum was correct. BTW, as you know I am the proud owner of a Chippett (chihuahua+whippet) and a Bagel (beagal+bassett.)
Post a Comment
<< Home