Pushing Up Daisy

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Taking it back

We are taking back our house from the flea infestion that has plagued us for a month.

Adams Exterminators did a fine job bombing & spraying the office, treating our house and backyard. Chemical warfare is all the fleas understand. I tried to buy some eco-friendly spray that contained essential oils, but after spraying down rugs and bedding, the smell of the stuff was making the humans in the household sick. The dogs exhibited no signs of problems, but who knows. None of us need to be sick. I still blame my belly flu I had on that crappy spray.

Poor lil Ri got the worst of it. She had to make a trip to the vets for a flea bath, a shot and two medications, one for itchiness, the other for the skin infection she developed. She seems to flea free, FINALLY! I got a flea comb this week and have been pleased not to be pulling any of those blood suckers off any of the hounds. Joe, of course, thinks you are gonna kill him when you approach him with the comb, and Chloe, well, she's Chloe. Bonnie rolls over on her back in the yard with all 4 feet in the air. Ri almost can't stand the comb, it tickles her so!

We will continue with the monthly application of K-9 Advantix. Hopefully Ri can continue to sing their theme song of "There ain't no fleas on me!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home