Pushing Up Daisy

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Go your own way

We have been logging a lot of mileage on the bike as of late and are riding strong. Last week we had 165 miles for the week.

Tuesday and Thursdays are race pace nights and we have talked to a lot of people that have showing up those nights to ride, get hammered and dropped, so they quit coming out to ride. Nice huh?

A few weeks ago, at the request of several people, I posted a sign at the LBS to encourage new & slower riders to come out Wednesday nights to ride, 20 miles, no drops. Clark was agreeable and last week we had 8 people show. One of them an older lady on an ancient Trek cruiser. She rode 5 miles and headed back. Her daughter made it a little further before she turned back. She was riding a borrowed bike. I found out from the guy at the LBS that the older lady came into the shop and bought all kinds of stuff that "Suzy said she needed", to include a new bicycle! I don't recall telling her to buy a new bike, might just have been her way of getting one.

Last night there was a much larger group that showed up, with several of the faster riders who ride Tuesday/Thursday there talking about being there to ride "the recovery ride". When we went to roll out, Thurston Howell seemed a bit put out that we were going a different route then what he and the other fast riders wanted to do. I really thought it was crappy that the E-Train invited a newer rider to come out, yet she went with Thurston and the newer rider went with us.

Shallow Hal & his wife went with us and were ahead of our group because they didn't want to ride as slow as we were riding and they supposedly didn't know the route and we never saw them again.

Thurson got in touch with BaT Girl today to suggest a different route for the new riders to take with less turns. Isn't that nice of somebody who isn't even riding with the new riders to suggest a route for us? I think we will continue to go our own way and they can do the same. If he wants to make a sign and plan a ride, he should do it. But if not, he needs to back off and go talk to Lovey.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:02 PM, Blogger pedalista said…

    I have a couple route suggestions for you and I havent been up there in a year. You want me to email them over to you?


    AHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHA.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home