Pushing Up Daisy

Monday, April 30, 2007

Kids Today!

Saturday Clark & I did the uncle & aunt thing and took the Claire & Connor to The Clay Spot to make something for their mom for Mother's Day. They were both very excited to ride in the convertible and I was glad it was a short trip cause every thing they could access in the back seat and move, they did. They wanted to fold down the armrest but we told them it didn't work except from the trunk. Gullible.

Anyway, we get to the place and we all pick out what we wanted to paint and our colors. Connor had picked a heart shaped box, Claire a plate and Clark & I both got espresso cups. Picked out our colors and set to work. We were pretty intent on our work when Connor announced he was done. We had been there about 10 minutes. He hadn't painted the inside of the box and didn't even have full coverage of the piece. His sister tried to tell him to finish it and he said he was ready to go. So eventually he decided to use a sponge and wipe it all off and start again. We were glad, Claire was still working on her plate and the tiny cups we had were pretty involved.

A few minutes go by and Connor says he is ready to go and we tell him we are not, so he needs to chill. He walked away and sat at another table by himself, mumbling that if we didn't leave soon, he was gonna walk home. Uncle Clark told him to try it and see what happened. Of course he didn't try it.

There was a crying baby in the place and that was aggrevating Connor (and us too, except we didn't voice our concerns!) He said that he was gonna go tell the baby to shut up and I reminded him that it wasn't very long ago that HE was a crying baby. He didn't like that and said he was 10.

I was glad to get done with our art work and leave that place. We took them to TCBY and Connor got some kinda frozen hard pack rainbow yogurt that had more food color in it then anything I had seen. He had dye all over his face and hands by the time he was done with it, so Clark was quick to take him to the restroom to wash that off before he got in the car.

We had the kids for 2 1/2 hours, it seemed much longer. After Clark got done helping with some picture files on their slow computer, he came home, I got him a beer and we chilled out with our quiet kids.

Our black niece Scully is on her good behavior and doesn't back-talk as much as the nephew. She and Bonnie are on serious possom patrol, though. I took all the girl greyhounds' collars off yesterday afternoon cause they were in hot pursuit in the bushes by the deck. Bonnie almost had it, I saw him scamper under the deck as she pounced in the bushes.

If they continue to patrol, I will probably be posting a dead possom picture before long.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger pedalista said…

    You need to sit Conner down next time and tell him to be a dog, and act like your hounds. The worst behavior they have is digging holes and jumping on beds. Tell if he behaves he can get a treat when you dole them out to the pack...

     
  • At 5:10 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    Ohhhh, arts and crafts, screaming baby and sticky color yogurt hands all in the same day. You need a vacation.

     
  • At 10:31 AM, Blogger Megan: Dyer, Spinner and Weaver said…

    The good news is, you've done your auntie/uncle routine and are clear for a year at least!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home