Pushing Up Daisy

Friday, April 06, 2007

Riding on a CowTale

After electing to have jalapenos on my sub Thursday at lunch, my tummy was a little unsettled, so I opted to not have a big snack before riding after work. I decided to have a CowTale.

About 10 miles into the fast paced Thursday night ride, I was wondering if that 110 calories of pure sugar goodness was gonna be enough to get me home.

As we hammered up the rolling hills around Oakland Plantation, I was holding onto the group! This despite the Dentist and his stoopid squirelly riding cadance. There were a few people that dropped off, one of them was ManKiller, who I have never been able to pass! What a great feeling!

Thurston Howell went back to pick her up and they caught us at the light. We grouped back up and the pace was fast and strong on Winifred. The Blue Falcon was doing his best to hold the group together and helped a rider I didn't know to get back up to the group, but him being in the wrong ring and then accelerating to 28 mph had me blown up, so MK was able to pass me on the sprint on Winifred. DOH. I recovered nicely by the decision point of long or short (we always go short) and was ready for Gillionville.

I opted to stay at the rear of that train and Shallow Hal was doing his best to put SuperMan at the front, but he is too wise for that, knowing the final sprint was ahead. When the jump came, I was on ManKiller's wheel til she started dropping, so I came around her and told her to COME ON and sprinted and caught a close 4th place on the sprint -- the Dentist weaseled his way to beat me at the mailbox. But once again, I came over the line before ManKiller!
SuperMan, who won the sprint, was sure to thank Shallow Hal for the lead out.

Our winter cross training at the gym has paid off. I can't ever remember feeling this strong in April.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:45 PM, Blogger pedalista said…

    More Cow TAIL!!!! That was the turbo boost. COW TAIL!!!!! You need a Team Cowtail jersey and good job beating MK.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home