Pushing Up Daisy

Monday, April 02, 2007

Show me the money

Clark's sis and mom invited us to spend some at the condo they had rented for spring break for the niece and nephew.

It was nice, on Seagrove Beach, which is one of the newer areas of development on 30-A. I was curious about the real estate down there, just so happens the unit next to the one we stayed at was is for sale. $ 795,000 for a 2 BR, 2 bath unit with bunk beds. While its was very nice and pretty new, its still a condo and there is a huge association fee due every month.

I guess that area and Florida in general is just attracting investors. A gourmet shop in Rosemary Beach, just down the road, was selling some dark chocolate bars that I had never even heard of for over 8 bucks a pop. And a guy working in the shop was selling a woman some wine that they had been pouring the night before in the restaurant, and it was "only" 27 dollars a bottle. Rosemary Beach downtown was very nice at night, with gas lights all around, and lots and lots of kids and adults on Townies. We had a coffee at the Starbucks Saturday night and while we were sitting outside enjoying it, they closed for the evening. Sure enough, 9 pm is not just closing time at Starbucks Albany, Rosemary Beach had the same crazy closing time!

The area is really booming with constuction but I have to think, where are these people coming from that have this much disposable income? If we had that kinda money to spend, I would want something more then what is basically an apartment!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home