Just Ketchup
After Joe's morning of x-rays at the vet, he was pretty stoned when we picked him up at lunchtime yesterday. He had a few cookies in the afternoon and made a nice big mess crunching them up but had no interest in dinner.
Knowing that food helps them to come around after anesthesia, we tried to feed him a few things, but he was holding out for the prize. He had heard rumblings of "cheeseburger" and hadn't forgot!
I went to Checker's & got him the 1/4 lb. champ burger with cheese and ordered it with "Just Ketchup". When I got it home and opened the wrapper, it was swimming in ketchup. I didn't realize "just ketchup" meant "extra EXTRA ketchup".
After wiping off the poor sopping cheeseburger, I cut it up and put it in his bowl and took it to him in the living room. The boy perked up and had a few big mouthfuls of it, while I held off Ri and Bonnie.
I took his bowl back and put it in his stand where he proceeded to eat every bite and lick the bowl clean.
Today, Joe is back to his normal nuggets and is his usual goofy self. He'll be taking Previcox for a month, then we'll take him off. The x-rays showed some arthritis in his left knee, but nothing else different since last time he had films done.
Knowing that food helps them to come around after anesthesia, we tried to feed him a few things, but he was holding out for the prize. He had heard rumblings of "cheeseburger" and hadn't forgot!
I went to Checker's & got him the 1/4 lb. champ burger with cheese and ordered it with "Just Ketchup". When I got it home and opened the wrapper, it was swimming in ketchup. I didn't realize "just ketchup" meant "extra EXTRA ketchup".
After wiping off the poor sopping cheeseburger, I cut it up and put it in his bowl and took it to him in the living room. The boy perked up and had a few big mouthfuls of it, while I held off Ri and Bonnie.
I took his bowl back and put it in his stand where he proceeded to eat every bite and lick the bowl clean.
Today, Joe is back to his normal nuggets and is his usual goofy self. He'll be taking Previcox for a month, then we'll take him off. The x-rays showed some arthritis in his left knee, but nothing else different since last time he had films done.

2 Comments:
At 9:22 AM,
Ashley said…
Sounds like Joe got the hook up! We are glad that he's feeling better & that the news from Dr. Jim was good!
At 6:46 PM,
Betsy said…
Someone (Len?) told me that fast food employees are of the opinion that if you ask for only one item on your burger, then you must like it a lot and they give you extra. That explains the 50 pickles I end up with on my Wendy's chicken sandwiches..
We are SO glad Joe's xrays were ok other than a little arthritis. Go Joe!
Post a Comment
<< Home