Instant Results
On more then one occasion, I have observed some people at the gym that made me roll my eyes.
Last night, there were 2 of them. The first was a man on the eliptical that had on a long sleeve sauna suit and boy, was he sweating. The other one was a woman who went and weighed herself after doing her workout.
After listening to people bitch and moan over the last 6 years at WW, I realize that people want instant results from their efforts.
Gym people, you have worked out for 30 minutes, you aren't going to magically have that gut disappear that you have spent years building up. Ditto for the people who come to WW, lose some weight, then complain about it taking too long. Well, sorry there is no magic wand for weight loss.
I have enjoyed my leave of absence from WW so far and find myself much happier not having to rush there every Tuesday night and act like a junior psychologist. I have a much healthier attitude aboout food in general since I am out of that atmosphere of "If I don't lose weight..." Its not the number on the scale. Its what you eat and how you move and how you relax that is what's really important.
At least it is to me. And this is my blog, so it is.
Last night, there were 2 of them. The first was a man on the eliptical that had on a long sleeve sauna suit and boy, was he sweating. The other one was a woman who went and weighed herself after doing her workout.
After listening to people bitch and moan over the last 6 years at WW, I realize that people want instant results from their efforts.
Gym people, you have worked out for 30 minutes, you aren't going to magically have that gut disappear that you have spent years building up. Ditto for the people who come to WW, lose some weight, then complain about it taking too long. Well, sorry there is no magic wand for weight loss.
I have enjoyed my leave of absence from WW so far and find myself much happier not having to rush there every Tuesday night and act like a junior psychologist. I have a much healthier attitude aboout food in general since I am out of that atmosphere of "If I don't lose weight..." Its not the number on the scale. Its what you eat and how you move and how you relax that is what's really important.
At least it is to me. And this is my blog, so it is.

3 Comments:
At 12:06 PM,
Unknown said…
I want to lose 50# but the weekend. Can you help me? Neesie
At 12:41 PM,
pedalista said…
Stomach staples and lyposuction. Why sweat it off when you can suck it out. Just kidding. I hate those medical shows where they show the surgery on TV. I always get the heeby jeeby's when I flip past the channel, and my remote always hangs up and wont change the channel when I hit one of those shows.
At 2:00 PM,
Megan: Dyer, Spinner and Weaver said…
Hey, tell those folks to spend a month in the hospital, then they'll see those instant results. Of course, they'll have no muscle tone, but the scale will be in a very different spot.
Frankly, I'd much rather lose the weight the old fashioned way. Fewer calories in, more energy out. I hate that I learned this the hard way!
Post a Comment
<< Home