The Hazing Begins
Scully is here at boot camp while Megan is recovering from her accident.
She is an excellent passenger and stayed in the back of the X5 despite the temptation of fast food on the road trip home.
After a nice afternoon nap, I decided that the girl greyhounds were all getting their springtime baths. Scully was first, as I wasn't sure how she would react and figured she would be either the hardest or the easiest to bathe. I was glad she was cooperative. Chloe looked very jealous as she was getting dried off, so she was dog #2 in the tub. Bonnie wasn't really that interested in what was going on in there and trembled the whole time she was in there, so she got a very fast bath. Ri got her bath Saturday morning and Joe, well, he's lucky he's so freaking big, because he was exempt.
Everybody was pretty wound up afterwards and when the girls went out into the yard, I broke up what could have been a great race. They had already eaten dinner, so no racing was allowed. Joe was up to his usual tricks, he tried to bite Scully in the neck as she came from behind the shed and Chloe used her loudest outside voice to bark at Scully as Bonnie tried to herd her around.
Scully didn't look too scared, but I think she was glad I was watching everybody so she didn't get her tail whipped by her cousins. I think Joe is glad Scully is here, she goes outside everytime he goes and he has missed that since Mal has been gone.
All the dogs were excited when the pizza man showed up, Scully helping Bonnie to bark at the door.
Everybody is taking it easy now, and we are awaiting the first of the final episode of the Sopranos this evening. I have heard somebody is gonna get whacked tonight and Scully is hoping its not her.
She is an excellent passenger and stayed in the back of the X5 despite the temptation of fast food on the road trip home.
After a nice afternoon nap, I decided that the girl greyhounds were all getting their springtime baths. Scully was first, as I wasn't sure how she would react and figured she would be either the hardest or the easiest to bathe. I was glad she was cooperative. Chloe looked very jealous as she was getting dried off, so she was dog #2 in the tub. Bonnie wasn't really that interested in what was going on in there and trembled the whole time she was in there, so she got a very fast bath. Ri got her bath Saturday morning and Joe, well, he's lucky he's so freaking big, because he was exempt.
Everybody was pretty wound up afterwards and when the girls went out into the yard, I broke up what could have been a great race. They had already eaten dinner, so no racing was allowed. Joe was up to his usual tricks, he tried to bite Scully in the neck as she came from behind the shed and Chloe used her loudest outside voice to bark at Scully as Bonnie tried to herd her around.
Scully didn't look too scared, but I think she was glad I was watching everybody so she didn't get her tail whipped by her cousins. I think Joe is glad Scully is here, she goes outside everytime he goes and he has missed that since Mal has been gone.
All the dogs were excited when the pizza man showed up, Scully helping Bonnie to bark at the door.
Everybody is taking it easy now, and we are awaiting the first of the final episode of the Sopranos this evening. I have heard somebody is gonna get whacked tonight and Scully is hoping its not her.

2 Comments:
At 8:37 PM,
Ashley said…
Wow!! What an undertaking to shampoochie 3 greys today! Want to make it 4? The resident grey here is smelling ripe! Maybe a little febreeze or bath & body works will buy me a few days.
At 6:09 PM,
Betsy said…
Yesterday was bath day here, too, although we didn't get pizza.
Trudy bit Doug when he went to pick her up -- snap snap SNAP! Thank goodness for dull greyhound teeth, he wasn't too injured. She was fine in the tub, just hates to be picked up.
When it was Clyde's turn, he tried to escape and ended up jumping on top of a bundled up Trudy who was on the dogbed. That became Greyhounds Gone Wild. Fortunately there was no bloodshed that time, either. He hates bath time and looks about as miserable as a dog can look in the tub. But he is super handsome and clean now!
Post a Comment
<< Home