Pushing Up Daisy

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Kate

Saturday we had a call from an older lady who adopted one of Ri's pups. Saturday was 10 years ago they were born, and she was calling to see if her dog's mother was still alive! She was glad to hear that yes indeed, she was and I told her Monday was Ri's 13th birthday!

I can't believe its been 10 years since Ri had those little rascals and we had a puppy nursery set up in the dining room. Ri had 11 puppies and 9 survived.

Kate, she told me, had a litter of pups when she was 3, 12 puppies and they all survived. That would make those "puppies" 7 years old now.

In honor of Ri's motherhood, she and the pack were treated to garlic roasted marrow bones Saturday night.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Happy Birthday Ri-Ri! Around her we get cheese burgers on our borthdays but since you guys get Checkers on a regular basis I guess you have to kick it up a notch.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home