Moving up in the pack
All of a sudden, Joe is a popular dog.
When Mal was around, Joe was part of the background in the group. He played some, mostly by himself, and when he did run with the other greys, he always tried to bite them in the neck. Not my idea of playing.
Yesterday I stood and watched Joe and Bonnie running in circles in the backyard. She had a stuffie in her mouth and he kept chasing her and chasing her, not trying to bite her at all. The day before, he and Chloe and Bonnie were all running together and got stopped in the corner. He stopped, smelled Bonnie's butt and proceeded to act like he hadn't been neutered, thank goodness he didn't mount the little girl!
This morning, Chloe woke me up at 5:30, crying and crying. I thought maybe the back door was closed and she couldn't get outside. When I stumbled down the hall and saw the door was opening, Joe trotted behind me, and Chloe came running too, and promptly went out the doggie door! I think she woke me up so her friend Joe could come outside and patrol the yard with her!!
I woke up at 6:15 and heard all 3 of those rascals out there barking, so I got up and made the Three Amigos come inside.
Clark tells me we have a nice bunch of feathers out in the yard this morning, but no signs of a bird.
Those girls need to work on Joe to get him to take the big leap and go out the doggie door so I can sleep in til the alarm goes off!
When Mal was around, Joe was part of the background in the group. He played some, mostly by himself, and when he did run with the other greys, he always tried to bite them in the neck. Not my idea of playing.
Yesterday I stood and watched Joe and Bonnie running in circles in the backyard. She had a stuffie in her mouth and he kept chasing her and chasing her, not trying to bite her at all. The day before, he and Chloe and Bonnie were all running together and got stopped in the corner. He stopped, smelled Bonnie's butt and proceeded to act like he hadn't been neutered, thank goodness he didn't mount the little girl!
This morning, Chloe woke me up at 5:30, crying and crying. I thought maybe the back door was closed and she couldn't get outside. When I stumbled down the hall and saw the door was opening, Joe trotted behind me, and Chloe came running too, and promptly went out the doggie door! I think she woke me up so her friend Joe could come outside and patrol the yard with her!!
I woke up at 6:15 and heard all 3 of those rascals out there barking, so I got up and made the Three Amigos come inside.
Clark tells me we have a nice bunch of feathers out in the yard this morning, but no signs of a bird.
Those girls need to work on Joe to get him to take the big leap and go out the doggie door so I can sleep in til the alarm goes off!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home