Pushing Up Daisy

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Stuff on the road

The blade of a knife. Lumber. Sheet rock. Water bottles. Broken glass. The handle off a metal spoon. Snakes, alive and dead. Big vultures eating dead animals.

One of the craziest things I have seen lately is hair. I am talking about long black hair, maybe they were braids at one time attached to someone's head. But I have seen a lot of hair on different routes lately.

Here's my theory on why the hair is on the road.

When you are driving with your 2-55 air conditioner on, your braids get loose and whip off your head, onto the road. I would hate to think people are driving down the road and somebody rips their hair out and throws it out the window. I haven't read about that in the paper and surely if that were the case, it would be print-worthy.

Yesterday on our windy ride on the Cookville loop, I was zoned out when Superman yelled "BIG SNAKE". I looked to the shoulder and thank God we weren't any closer or we would have run over a 3-4 foot live rattlesnake.

Note to self: Snake season is here, ride towards the middle of the road, not the shoulder!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:37 AM, Blogger pedalista said…

    Are you sure it wasnt a 3-4 ft long dread lock someone lost that looked like a rattler?

     
  • At 7:36 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    I have seen a lot of hair on the roadside, too. Weaves aren't what they used to be.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home