Above the law
51 mph in a 35 mph zone = a $ 135 ticket in Worth County.
Thank goodness I am not the recepient of this. I am always happy when I park my car and get out without being harrassed by the man.
One of the co-workers has been in quite the mood today after the husband got snagged this morning on their daily commute. They have been riding together to save gas, green smugness points there. But, of course, he shouldn't have gotten this ticket, its not right, they were on their way to work. He's a good man. There are all these OTHER people out there breaking the law and nothing happens to THEM. There were even people who passed them going faster but they are the ones who got stopped.
I did bite my tongue and resist my thoughts. Well, he DID break the law, why is he above the law just because he was on his way to work? And because other people were going faster, does that mean HE wasn't speeding?
Agreed the police need to target more "bad" criminals, but face the facts, you broke the law, get out your checkbook and pay the man.
Thank goodness I am not the recepient of this. I am always happy when I park my car and get out without being harrassed by the man.
One of the co-workers has been in quite the mood today after the husband got snagged this morning on their daily commute. They have been riding together to save gas, green smugness points there. But, of course, he shouldn't have gotten this ticket, its not right, they were on their way to work. He's a good man. There are all these OTHER people out there breaking the law and nothing happens to THEM. There were even people who passed them going faster but they are the ones who got stopped.
I did bite my tongue and resist my thoughts. Well, he DID break the law, why is he above the law just because he was on his way to work? And because other people were going faster, does that mean HE wasn't speeding?
Agreed the police need to target more "bad" criminals, but face the facts, you broke the law, get out your checkbook and pay the man.

1 Comments:
At 9:19 AM,
Unknown said…
I always look at those people and calmly say and what was the limit? and how fast were you going? Folks quickly learn that I don't cut any slack and that includes myself. I recently got my first ticket in 20 years. Know what I did? Mailed a check. The law is the law. Suck it up and pay the ticket.
Post a Comment
<< Home