Pushing Up Daisy

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

City Girl

In our quest to find a cabin in north Georgia, I realize that I am indeed a city girl.

Wilderness is nice. A small amount of wilderness that is. I don't want to be deep into the wilderness where bears, coyotes, copperheads and rattlesnakes play.

I also need to have a paved road to get to our dream cabin.

We looked at several cabins and to get to one of them, after driving up a gravel mountain road, you had to make a sharp turn into the driveway and the easiest way to get back out of the drive way was to back up out of it. There wasn't much room, if any, for turning around.

Another cabin that we both liked was still under construction. In Atlanta, these places are called McMansions. I guess this would be called a McCabin. It has most of the stuff a cabin should, wood exterior, tongue and groove boards on the inside, loft overlooking common family room, fireplace. It had a nice lot, once you got to it. It was a mile off the main road, and it started out ok, but then the pavement turned into chunky gravel and it was pretty twisty and narrow as it got to the area where the cabin was being built.

Talking about the lot, it was cleared all around the house, with wheat straw down all over the cleared ground to keep the mud down. There were two small creeks at the back of the lot with some woods surrounding it. This yard could be somewhere for the pack to visit once it was fenced, but what else would we encounter out there in the wilderness?

I cannot imagine coming out and seeing Ri barking at a bear. Or Chloe whipping around a rattlesnake. Or worse, having a copperhead sneak up on Chloe while she was out sunbathing while on vacation.

So, City Girl needs a cabin in the mountains that a sports car can drive up to. Can you see me driving the coupe down a gravel road and then having to back up the gravel mountain?? I can't either!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home