Pushing Up Daisy

Friday, September 29, 2006

Healthy Living

When I'm not eating chicken wings and drinking beer, I try to make good lifestyle choices. You all know the ones that I am talking about.

Move more, sit less. Park further away when shopping, take the shopping cart back. Take the stairs instead of the elevator.

I had a check up this week with my family doc, and he's in a very nice building, on the 3rd floor. So I figured I would get a little bit of activity and take the stairs to his office. Well, when I get to the 3rd floor, the door is locked. So I figure, maybe just that floor is locked, so I go up to the 4th floor. Its locked too. 2nd floor, ditto.

Then I get a little nervous. What if the door to the first floor is locked?

Thank goodness, it wasn't!

So, I wind up taking the elevator to my appointment. I tell the office staff and the doctor about the door situation. The doc chuckles and said you need an employee id badge with the magnetic strip to open the doors. I said, that's no good, how are people supposed to take the stairs? He said he guesses they don't want patients using the stairs.

So much for a medical office helping patients to get more active!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home