Don't forget about me

I got a new Discover card in the mail the other day. Clark thought that was weird, it was the same account number as the other one, and there was only a card in the envelope, none for him.
He called Discover and found out the reason they sent me a new card was because I haven't been using it. Wow, what a nice reminder, a brand new spanking card !!
I wonder if this generates business for them. I would think sending a letter to people would be a better move then sending out a whole new card to people, but what do I know? Maybe they figure the lure of a spanky new card with a zero balance is attractive.
Don't they know we're on track for early retirement and aren't playing their game?

1 Comments:
At 9:38 AM,
Len said…
Sometimes they'll send you a $25 credit to encourage you to use the card. That's a deal.
Post a Comment
<< Home