Pushing Up Daisy

Friday, September 08, 2006

Is it me?

Sometimes people really are clueless.

After showing an "after" picture of a member in my meeting the other night, someone asked, How much did she weigh before?

I thought to myself, did she REALLY just ask me that?? I looked at her and said, we don't discuss other people's numbers here BUT she's sitting right over there if you want to go ask her!

I wonder how she would feel if I just blurted out HER weight to the room. It could have been really exciting HAD she had the nerve to ask the member that question though!

Then, last night, when we were checking out at Big Lots, there was a couple standing by the display case staring at the woman ringing our purchases. She asked the lady at the register if the phone in the case was cordless. Now, this is a glass display case and the product was out of the box sitting on top of it. It was very easy to see that black curly thing coming out the back end of the phone.

The register lady was nice and told her no, it wasn't! I was thinking to myself once again, Did she REALLY just ask that??

Perhaps the couple was just casing Big Lots to see how much money was in the register. They walked out after asking that ridiculusly obvious question without buying anything.

Dealing with the public is a hard job!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:13 PM, Blogger Ashley said…

    Rumor has it that the dumb ass lady did ask the member how much she weighed to begin with. Some people are just clueless.

     
  • At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    At work have pictures of the hounds up on my desk. Someone said to me the other day, "Oh, you have greyhounds?" When I told her I have three, her response: "Do you like them?" Now why the heck would I have three dogs I don't like???

     

Post a Comment

<< Home