Pushing Up Daisy

Friday, September 01, 2006

Let me see your ID

Not yours, your dog's!

Monday night we had a festive celebration at San Joe's for Clark's birthday. On the way home, there were several people standing in the road in front of Wendy's on Dawson Road. They were bent over, holding a dog still who had been hit by a car.

Several people were out there, to include one man who had his arm in a sling. He was holding another dog off to the side. It had not been hit, but he said that they were together and he kept trying to go to the other dog's aid who had been hit. We asked if they had called anyone and they said yes, someone was on the way. The dog who had been hit had some blood on its paw and mouth, was panting hard, but didn't seem to be hurt too badly.

The onlookers had called the dogs owner, fortunately both dogs had collars and ID's on. The owner drove up shortly after we got there, visibly very upset. She said she didn't know how the dogs got there, she lived on Second. She had some blankets and had already called her vet and was taking the dog there. I scooped up dog #2 from the arm sling man and put him in the back seat of the car. He promptly crawled into the front seat to be with his friend and off they went.

I sure hope the dog is okay. When we got home, all of our dogs got cookies.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:39 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    I'm glad those peeps helped out. A lot of folks would not. I hope the dog is OK.

    I know some people make fun of me for all the ID on our dogs, but better safe than sorry!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home