Time for a tattoo

Or maybe even a piercing. Not sure which yet.
Since I just turned 40 this week, I think I need to mark the event with something significant.
JUST JOKING!!
Now that I have your attention.....
We went to donate blood and found out we were ineligible for a YEAR after vacationing in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. Seems there is a little thing down there called malaria!
According to CDC:
Malaria is transmitted in large areas of Central and South America
the island of Hispaniola (includes Haiti and the Dominican Republic)
Africa
Asia (including the Indian subcontinent, Southeast Asia and the Middle East)
Eastern Europe
and the South Pacific
So far, we have no signs of malaria. If you know me, you KNOW I have already looked up the symptoms!
Next year, we will have to re-think our tropical vacation spot so we don't have our supply of free Nutter Butters cut off.
I would still recommend Punta Cana as a resort destination. I plan on talking to my family doc on my next visit to find out about anti-malaria meds.... Guess we should have done that BEFORE we went!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home