Fungus follow up
I completed 3 months of Lamisil last month for the fungus under one toenail.
When the doc prescribed the treatment, he told me to follow up with him when I was done with the treatment. The follow up visit consisted of him looking at my big toe, telling me toe nails grow very slowly and that I would know in about 6 months to as long as a year if it were indeed gone.
No sample, no bloodwork, just wait and see.
OH, and also, to help prevent a reoccurance, they have seen success with using Vick's VapoRub. He told me the camphor in the stuff is what does it, and as a preventative method, put a little under the nail tip every day and keep the nail cut short.
He said he was glad I followed up. I wonder if its because he can bill my insurance company and me for an office visit.
When the doc prescribed the treatment, he told me to follow up with him when I was done with the treatment. The follow up visit consisted of him looking at my big toe, telling me toe nails grow very slowly and that I would know in about 6 months to as long as a year if it were indeed gone.
No sample, no bloodwork, just wait and see.
OH, and also, to help prevent a reoccurance, they have seen success with using Vick's VapoRub. He told me the camphor in the stuff is what does it, and as a preventative method, put a little under the nail tip every day and keep the nail cut short.
He said he was glad I followed up. I wonder if its because he can bill my insurance company and me for an office visit.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home