Really, I'm Serious!

It is time to get serious about bike riding again. Not because I have a beautiful new bicycle. Not even because I have a century September 16th. Not because the mountains of North Georgia loom ahead on the 6 Gap ride Len & I are registered for. Just to put an old guy in his place.
We went by the bike shop to get cleats for my new Sidi's (thanks Mom & Dad!) and while Lloyd was working on my shoes, the Worth county crew started dribbling in for the 6 pm ride. Mind you, its thundering and the air is full of moisture. Not a good day to ride.
Shallow Hal comes into the shop and his wife is sitting there talking to some other people. Shallow Hal has become our least favorite person of all the local riders. We dislike him more then Vann & "Tiano". Vann redeemed himself recently by talking about eliminating feral cats in the neighborhood, so he does have some good values. Not that he's coming over for a beer or anything, but I can tolerate him a little easier now.
Anyway, back to my training.
Hal is going DOWN. Down. I really mean it. DOWWWWNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!
Anyone who berates his wife for not having the water bottles filled, doesn't clean his wife's bike and THEN has the nerve to say "She rides pretty good for a woman" has got to be put in his place. And that was just what he did yesterday... I could go on and on about him, but that just gives you a little insight on him.
I am just the woman for the job. Hal is going DOWN. Just wait and see.

2 Comments:
At 12:22 PM,
Len said…
Hey, who is this guy Vann? Is he an old guy with long hair? There was a guly like that went to AJC when I did. Just asking.
At 10:22 AM,
Suzy Neal said…
Vann Yielding isn't much older then us, prolly not the same guy.....
Post a Comment
<< Home