I know why the caged bird sings
I have a WW member who loves animals and actually has more dogs then we do. I know, that's hard to believe!
She comes to the meeting from her job at the pet store every week. We have been in the shop twice, both times because he had to have some animal supply immediately & couldn't wait for UPS to bring it. The reason we don't shop at the store is because sell dogs and cats, as well as other animals.
Last night, she weighed in but couldn't stay for the meeting because she had to go back to work and clip the wings on 50 birds that had just come in. I know everyone has to work and every day isn't a good day at work, but knowing you have to go and take the joy of flight away from 50 birds and doom them to a life in a cage? I think I'd re-think my career choice.
http://judithpordon.tripod.com/poetry/id107.html
She comes to the meeting from her job at the pet store every week. We have been in the shop twice, both times because he had to have some animal supply immediately & couldn't wait for UPS to bring it. The reason we don't shop at the store is because sell dogs and cats, as well as other animals.
Last night, she weighed in but couldn't stay for the meeting because she had to go back to work and clip the wings on 50 birds that had just come in. I know everyone has to work and every day isn't a good day at work, but knowing you have to go and take the joy of flight away from 50 birds and doom them to a life in a cage? I think I'd re-think my career choice.
http://judithpordon.tripod.com/poetry/id107.html

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home