Bo Knows Business
Last night we ate at the new Mellow Mushroom. We knew it would be crowded since it was the first night but we were seated fairly quickly, considering the crowd.
The wait staff was friendly, there were 20 servers working the floor, each with only 2 tables to work. The kitchen was packed with workers and one of the owners made a point of coming to the table and introducing himself and shaking hands with the men at the table. Note that I said, the MEN at the table. I think Jennifer & I had on our cloaks of invisibilty.
Salad and pizza were average at best. I know it was their first night, but between the blaring music, the corporate feel of the place and the sexist owner, we won't be there often. The waitress seemed surprised when Clark told her the food was just average. He was quick to tell her it had no reflection on her service, it was the kitchen staff's spin on what we have grown to expect from the Mushroom. Also, don't ASK opinions if you don't want an honest answer.
There was a featured in the paper a while back about Bo Henry and the headline was "Bo Knows Business." Damn right.
I will take my Roasted Rooster, served to me by Bill or Billy who both call us by name and knows that I want an Amstel Light and that Clark wants a 420. An owner who also greets me by name with a hug when he sees me. Amber in the bar who also knows what we drink.
Will Mellow Mushroom hurt Harvest Moon's business? I don't think so. All the Asshats from WalMart & the movie theatre crowd can have the Mushroom. I'll keep my money downtown.
The wait staff was friendly, there were 20 servers working the floor, each with only 2 tables to work. The kitchen was packed with workers and one of the owners made a point of coming to the table and introducing himself and shaking hands with the men at the table. Note that I said, the MEN at the table. I think Jennifer & I had on our cloaks of invisibilty.
Salad and pizza were average at best. I know it was their first night, but between the blaring music, the corporate feel of the place and the sexist owner, we won't be there often. The waitress seemed surprised when Clark told her the food was just average. He was quick to tell her it had no reflection on her service, it was the kitchen staff's spin on what we have grown to expect from the Mushroom. Also, don't ASK opinions if you don't want an honest answer.
There was a featured in the paper a while back about Bo Henry and the headline was "Bo Knows Business." Damn right.
I will take my Roasted Rooster, served to me by Bill or Billy who both call us by name and knows that I want an Amstel Light and that Clark wants a 420. An owner who also greets me by name with a hug when he sees me. Amber in the bar who also knows what we drink.
Will Mellow Mushroom hurt Harvest Moon's business? I don't think so. All the Asshats from WalMart & the movie theatre crowd can have the Mushroom. I'll keep my money downtown.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home