Bear Attack?
We made it to the cabin yesterday and were all settled in. The dogs like being here and are very comfortable here. They know its their home away from home.
Just like at home, the greyhounds like to go out during the night. They woke me at 2:45 AM and 5 AM to go out. The 2:45 AM potty break was uneventful and I was really sleeping good when Joe insisted I let him out at 5. I shuffle out the back door and the 3 Amigos fly out to the darkest back corner of the yard. Next thing I know, Bonnie and Chloe are screaming like something is killing them and I can't see what is happening.
Being the hysterical dog mom I am, I start screaming for Clark, who is dead asleep upstairs. He pulls on his Superman cape and flys down the yard while I am running to the top of the hill to get the poop shovel and hoe to scare off what I know is a bear killing my girls. He later tells me that everybody in Helen probably heard me sceaming...
By the time Clark gets there, nothing is in the back of the yard, except for the greyhounds, who are now barking at the woods. No blood, no guts, no injury, just barking dogs.
BUT, was there something in the yard? Possibly. Before the yard was fenced, we had deer feeding in the back yard. I am not afraid of deer, but a bear, well, that's something to respect.
Tonight, I will have back up though. The other exciteable dog mom will arrive from Michigan, so she can weild the mop while I get the hoe and shovel.
Just like at home, the greyhounds like to go out during the night. They woke me at 2:45 AM and 5 AM to go out. The 2:45 AM potty break was uneventful and I was really sleeping good when Joe insisted I let him out at 5. I shuffle out the back door and the 3 Amigos fly out to the darkest back corner of the yard. Next thing I know, Bonnie and Chloe are screaming like something is killing them and I can't see what is happening.
Being the hysterical dog mom I am, I start screaming for Clark, who is dead asleep upstairs. He pulls on his Superman cape and flys down the yard while I am running to the top of the hill to get the poop shovel and hoe to scare off what I know is a bear killing my girls. He later tells me that everybody in Helen probably heard me sceaming...
By the time Clark gets there, nothing is in the back of the yard, except for the greyhounds, who are now barking at the woods. No blood, no guts, no injury, just barking dogs.
BUT, was there something in the yard? Possibly. Before the yard was fenced, we had deer feeding in the back yard. I am not afraid of deer, but a bear, well, that's something to respect.
Tonight, I will have back up though. The other exciteable dog mom will arrive from Michigan, so she can weild the mop while I get the hoe and shovel.

1 Comments:
At 3:57 PM,
Ashley said…
I'm sure that was a sight to see!! Hope ya'll have a less eventful second night!
Post a Comment
<< Home