Pushing Up Daisy

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Old before my time?


Prunes get a bad rap. People chuckle when you talk about eating them, thinking you must be irregular. I have even noticed that they are now sometimes called dried plums.
When I first saw these advertised, I thought, wow, another overpackaged convenience food. But they are bigger and moister then prunes in a box.
Try them, they're really not just for seniors anymore!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger pedalista said…

    I have noticed more and more of this individual or "right size" packaging which really boils down to charging more money for the same stuff. I would fuss about it more but some people might call me a hippie or tree hugger. Really I am just trying to be cheap.

     
  • At 5:34 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    Prunes did indeed get a PR makeover and are now dried plums. Not sure if it worked or not, I never think to buy prunes, I mean dried plums. I do like them, though. I will put them on my shopping list.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home