Pushing Up Daisy

Friday, February 03, 2006

Abs of.....

Marshmallow!

Yes, I know the hot selling video series is called Abs of Steel, but I have learned this week that I do not have abs of steel! Not that I have ever professed to having a 6 pack, unless you were talking about beer.

Last night, I tried Pilates for the first time. The class concentrated on abs and legs and had some similarities to the yoga class I did the past 2 weeks.

Several diffences in the classes...

Yoga - Breathe in deep thru nose, exhale deep thru nose
Pilates - Breate in deep thru nose, exhale deep thru mouth
Why, I don't know!

Yoga - Relaxing, calm atmosphere with music and dim lighting
Pilates - Strenuous, no music, florescent overhead lights on

Yoga - Bare feet with mat
Pilates - Bare feet with mat
I have my own mat -- I have enough feet problems without putting my feet where God knows WHO'S stinky feet have been...

What both classes have taught me is that I have weak abs and have some work to do. Winter is the time to do it though, especially since we are in the planning stages of our July tropical vacation. I will be bikini ready by continuing the dreaded ab "100's".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home