Pushing Up Daisy

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Sleepless in Albany

OK, I know the movie was in Seattle, but there wasn't much sleep at our house last night.

Ri is having some health problem right now. We aren't really sure what is going on.

When we got home from work yesterday, we took the demanding greyhounds to the side yard to play. Usually Ri will play a little and squeak a toy or two, but yesterday, she just laid down.

After the greyhounds had their fun, we turned to come back to our yard and she trotted all along the fence line, not the direct way to the house. When we did come inside, she went and laid on the back rug and didn't nag us for dinner. Totally not herself.

She did eat dinner and want cookies as usual, but even when I was fixing dinner, she wasn't her usual self.

I woke up around 2 am and tossed and turned and heard her whimper during the night, so at 4 am I moved to the floor and camped out by her. She was so sweet, she snuggled her way over by me and put her head on the pillow by me, reached out and touched me with her paw.

That was all well and good til we were both sleeping, then she decided to start with the paw again and socked me in the eye.

Owweee zowee...

Thank godness for the caffeine goodness in Coke Zero today. I am dragging ass.

I called around and got a sub to do my WW meeting tonite, so I will be heading home after work to have some rest. I have nothing to offer the members in the way of motivation at this time. I think if someone started whining to me about how hard it was to stay on track, I might just have to pop them.

Ri will work a full day at Regency and be under observation. I am hoping this won't require an invasive trip to the vet for x-rays or anesthesia for poking and prodding. She doesn't like that place, not one bit.

Poor lil dog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home