Pushing Up Daisy

Monday, January 23, 2006

I am the Mermaid!


Technology is cool!

Here I am underwater in the pool at the Holiday Inn Destin, FL.

Clark & I had a nice weekend on the spur of the moment. We had seen a girl Thursday that had a t-shirt on from Pompano Joe's and said, Man, wouldn't it be great to have some fried blue crab claws?

Thursday night, I called a few rental agencies and while they had cheap rates online, the prices they quoted were crazy higher. One company we have rented from before had fees that elevated the price by $100... When I asked the phone jockey what the added fees were, she said, "Its what comes up in the computer!!"... She was pretty stuck on stupid, so I called a different agency, knowing what rates were published online from them. They also had a bunch of added fees, making the good rate published NOT a good rate! When I asked what the additional fees were, one of the fees was for damage and breakage. I said, oh, so that's a refundable deposit? She said, no, it was part of the fees and not refundable!

So, here I am, 39 years old, not some college kid on spring break and the rental agency is going to charge me a breakage fee?? I think not!

You would think in January, after losing some summer rentals due to hurricanes, the rental agencies would be bending over backwards to get your business. But, nope, they must not need the money!

The Holiday Inn reservationist was very nice and since I was a member of their Priority Club, they upgraded our room on check in to beach front. I was pleasantly surprised to learn we got breakfast buffet both days as well as wireless high speed internet in the room, indoor pool, hot tub and sauna.
Ahhhh, the good life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home