Narnia
We just love opening night for the big special effect flicks, so Friday night, we hit the 8 pm showing of the Chronicles of Narnia. Even though it was showing hourly, when we got there and walked into a totally packed house, it was obvious to me that it wasn't going to be the best movie watching exerience.
We got settled into some ok seats with our freshly popped corn and gigantic sodas. As the movie progressed, an older man comes down to the exit area which we are seated closest to and stands there letting the kid fuss and crawl around. He eventually disappears and I slip back into the woods with Lucy and Edmond. Well, doncha know, a little while later, same kid is back, but with a young girl... The kid is really disrupting the whole theatre -- I am not the only one turning my head and shooting them the stink eye.
I decide enough is enough and hop up to speak to the mother. After telling her the kid is disrupting everyone's enjoyment of the movie, she tells me to mind my own business and sit down. Now, you KNOW that didn't sit well with me, so I tell her a little something else and that I will just go talk to the manager about the situation. I go out to the lobby and talk to the ticket takers about her, and they give me the deer in the headlights look. They don't come and do anything, but I think my confrontation and fury and her seeing me walk past to the lobby was enough for them to leave.
Bonehead. Now, I can see bringing a child that age to a G rated movie like Chicken Little, but the story line, PG rating and late showtime should have clued that woman in that she needed to spring for a babysitter.
Telling me to mind my own business was like throwing gasoline on a fire. I wonder what my blood pressure shot up to at that point.
Even with the annoyance of the kid and the packed theatre, I will give the Chronicles of Narnia TWO thumbs up and a bag of Fat Free Chips.... I can hardly wait for it to come out on DVD so I can see it in the privacy of our own home!
We got settled into some ok seats with our freshly popped corn and gigantic sodas. As the movie progressed, an older man comes down to the exit area which we are seated closest to and stands there letting the kid fuss and crawl around. He eventually disappears and I slip back into the woods with Lucy and Edmond. Well, doncha know, a little while later, same kid is back, but with a young girl... The kid is really disrupting the whole theatre -- I am not the only one turning my head and shooting them the stink eye.
I decide enough is enough and hop up to speak to the mother. After telling her the kid is disrupting everyone's enjoyment of the movie, she tells me to mind my own business and sit down. Now, you KNOW that didn't sit well with me, so I tell her a little something else and that I will just go talk to the manager about the situation. I go out to the lobby and talk to the ticket takers about her, and they give me the deer in the headlights look. They don't come and do anything, but I think my confrontation and fury and her seeing me walk past to the lobby was enough for them to leave.
Bonehead. Now, I can see bringing a child that age to a G rated movie like Chicken Little, but the story line, PG rating and late showtime should have clued that woman in that she needed to spring for a babysitter.
Telling me to mind my own business was like throwing gasoline on a fire. I wonder what my blood pressure shot up to at that point.
Even with the annoyance of the kid and the packed theatre, I will give the Chronicles of Narnia TWO thumbs up and a bag of Fat Free Chips.... I can hardly wait for it to come out on DVD so I can see it in the privacy of our own home!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home