Wow.....
Ok, so while I am admittedly not a techno geek like so many in my family, I am proud to say that I set this blog up myself!!
I need another forum for my gripes besides the local papers. I am sure every time they get an email from me, the editor is thinking "Not that girl again!"
My latest gripe is with a bonehead who wrote into the paper about Animal Control not enforcing the leash law in his neighborhood. "Its not safe to let your cat out at night" was his complaint.
Well, from a dog owner's point of view, what's the difference here?? Why is it ok to let your cat out but not your dog??
I get sick and tired of cats walking on my sports car, spraying bushes and teasing the dogs by sitting on the porch.
Irresponsible pet owners!!
Speaking of animals and irresponsible owners , our Humane Society is having their annual Christmas open house this week. They put up a Christmas tree that has one light for every animal they had to euthanize over the past year. Last year, I was still leading the WW meetings in Americus, so we got there late to find the staff out front looking at the tree and having a beverage or two. They have a very depressing but necessary job to perform without much thanks or appreciation from the community. I for one try and support them whenever possible.
That does not involve any more animals coming to live with us!! Clark had said we were full when Joe came to live with us, but then when Bonnie was found straying, how could I say "NO" to a skinny brindle greyhound with big brown eyes? ?
I need another forum for my gripes besides the local papers. I am sure every time they get an email from me, the editor is thinking "Not that girl again!"
My latest gripe is with a bonehead who wrote into the paper about Animal Control not enforcing the leash law in his neighborhood. "Its not safe to let your cat out at night" was his complaint.
Well, from a dog owner's point of view, what's the difference here?? Why is it ok to let your cat out but not your dog??
I get sick and tired of cats walking on my sports car, spraying bushes and teasing the dogs by sitting on the porch.
Irresponsible pet owners!!
Speaking of animals and irresponsible owners , our Humane Society is having their annual Christmas open house this week. They put up a Christmas tree that has one light for every animal they had to euthanize over the past year. Last year, I was still leading the WW meetings in Americus, so we got there late to find the staff out front looking at the tree and having a beverage or two. They have a very depressing but necessary job to perform without much thanks or appreciation from the community. I for one try and support them whenever possible.
That does not involve any more animals coming to live with us!! Clark had said we were full when Joe came to live with us, but then when Bonnie was found straying, how could I say "NO" to a skinny brindle greyhound with big brown eyes? ?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home