Portion Distortion!

This week's WW topic was portion control, so for my meeting Tuesday night, I dressed as the Portion Princess, donning a crown, feather boa and a close knit t-shirt under my conservative button up shirt. As I walked into the meeting room to start the meeting, I started unbuttoning the shirt to reveal my Super Hero costume. It was a great ice breaker and got the meeting off to a rolling start.
When you have a packed meeting room, you have to do something big to get everyone's attention and I feel I did a good job, especially considering I threw my costume & flip charts together after a busy day at job #1.
Portions are really out of control and this topic has me looking at how the world is supersizing everything. We ate salad bar at Ruby Doobie Tuesdays the other night and as we ate, I watched gigantic burgers coming out with mounds of fries. Comparing these burger platters to the meals of 20 years ago, is it any wonder why 64 percent of America is obese?
FlyLady sent out a great email the other day addressing the new labeling requirements identifying Trans Fats on nutrition labels. I think the Fly Lady must be a WeightWatcher, she doesn't say it, but so many of the things she talks about go hand in hand with the WW plan.
What really got my attention in her email was her approach. She said if you think of trans fats as dog poop, is it really ok if you eat just a little of them? Its your choice to put into your body what you like, but at the same time, do you REALLY want to eat dog poop?
Well, I guess if your name is Chloe......
Not only is our food super sized, but everything else as well.
I bought the most gigantic box of Tide at Sam's yesterday. It is enough for 180 loads and weighes 26.4 lbs. I hesitated to buy it, but as Clark was loading it up
into the buggy, he was quick to point out that I wouldn't have to down bend down as far to scoop it out of the box.At the rate things are going, you will soon be able to subscribe to a monthly dumptruck load of Tide from Proctor & Gamble.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home