Fruitcake
Tis the season for fruitcake.
The first Fruitcake I dealt with yesterday was a neighbor who read my letter to the editor. regarding the reader's cat who was killed by a dog while wandering the neighborhood at night. In my letter, I stated that all animal owners needed to be responsible and not let their animals out if they truly cared about them. Fruitcake turned everything around that I had said and I finally wound up hanging up the phone on her.
That triggered Fruitcake calling the Humane Society, because I am obviously a cat hater and should be thrown out of the HS. The people there know I am not a cat hater and basically told her they agreed, all animals should be kept inside for their safety. They also said, look, Suzy is obviously concerned about the cat's safety if they come into her yard because of her dogs.
So then the Fruitcake turns it around on the HS rep and says OH, well, if she has dangerous dogs, they need to be removed. Yes, we have a pack of dangerous, killer greyhounds.
I asked my friend at the HS if I should expect a visit from Animal Control, and she said NO, the animal control officers know you and they also know Fruitcake, so don't be concerned, but do know she is trying to stir up trouble for you.
Great. Thanks Fruitcake.
Then found out that I had a "Way To Go!" from an anonomyous reader in the paper in the Squawkbox yesterday. They went as far to say, after mentioning my name, that anyone who owns a cat is dumb.
So, now, thanks to this other Fruitcake, I am being lumped in with Cat Haters. I don't hate cats, they are furry creatures that deserve humane treatment. What I hate are irresponsible pet owners.
Fruitcakes!
The first Fruitcake I dealt with yesterday was a neighbor who read my letter to the editor. regarding the reader's cat who was killed by a dog while wandering the neighborhood at night. In my letter, I stated that all animal owners needed to be responsible and not let their animals out if they truly cared about them. Fruitcake turned everything around that I had said and I finally wound up hanging up the phone on her.
That triggered Fruitcake calling the Humane Society, because I am obviously a cat hater and should be thrown out of the HS. The people there know I am not a cat hater and basically told her they agreed, all animals should be kept inside for their safety. They also said, look, Suzy is obviously concerned about the cat's safety if they come into her yard because of her dogs.
So then the Fruitcake turns it around on the HS rep and says OH, well, if she has dangerous dogs, they need to be removed. Yes, we have a pack of dangerous, killer greyhounds.
I asked my friend at the HS if I should expect a visit from Animal Control, and she said NO, the animal control officers know you and they also know Fruitcake, so don't be concerned, but do know she is trying to stir up trouble for you.
Great. Thanks Fruitcake.
Then found out that I had a "Way To Go!" from an anonomyous reader in the paper in the Squawkbox yesterday. They went as far to say, after mentioning my name, that anyone who owns a cat is dumb.
So, now, thanks to this other Fruitcake, I am being lumped in with Cat Haters. I don't hate cats, they are furry creatures that deserve humane treatment. What I hate are irresponsible pet owners.
Fruitcakes!

2 Comments:
At 9:52 PM,
Len said…
You should have some links to your letters to the editor.
At 11:51 PM,
Suzy Neal said…
My letter appeared on a Saturday, and the slackers at the Herald don't put the paper up on the weekend. They don't publish the Squawkbox online either. WWWYF...
Post a Comment
<< Home