Pushing Up Daisy

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Portion control for pups


I have been so busy lately that I haven't had time to blog, but when I was at Publix the other night, I just KNEW I had to get back to blogging.

People need portion control to help them stay/obtain a healthy weight. I know that from personal experience. 100 calorie snack packs containing chips, crackers, cookies, candy, cakes, muffins, they're out there! So if you don't have the willpower to count out your treats, you can pay big money to manufacturers to overpackage their food and charge you for the priviledge.

Our dogs are lucky because they get to come to work every day. How many dog's go out into the world every day and need a Grab and Go snack?

We control what the pack eats and I just don't see the need for them to have individual snack bags.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger Megan: Dyer, Spinner and Weaver said…

    Pre-packaged snacks aren't so good for the environment, either.

     
  • At 4:37 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    Individually packaged doggie junk food? Great. People are stooopid.

     
  • At 10:33 AM, Blogger Len said…

    At least they tell you how many calories are in them. Dog food generally is not labeled with that information, which I think is critical. Because of her recent surgery Maggie can eat only canned food (which is driving Scully cra-zy) But how do you compare brands? Should I just feed her SPAM? Just kidding, Megan made her some chicken and rice casserole that she liked, and I'm going for some ground beef and pasta today. Canned food will only be a backup.

     
  • At 12:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hmmmm, I wonder how those taste???

     

Post a Comment

<< Home