Pushing Up Daisy

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Home Depot Rant

I hate the Home Depot. We went there last Saturday morning buy topsoil to fill in Chloe's holes (Merry Christmas, Chloe, here's 320 lbs. of dirt for you to dig in!)

First of all, the gate to the garden center was not open, so we had to go thru the main part of the store to get to the garden center. We loaded up the wobbly flatbed cart with eight 40 lb. bags of the dark rich soil, then pushed it back up front to check out.

9:30 am Saturday morning, there is one cashier at the front of the store and her job is to supervise the 2 self check out lines!!! That's right, no checker on a register, you are to check out you own stuff! The cashier was very nice and did scan our soil and the other items we bought but come on Home Depot!!

That's only one example of why Lowe's is a much better home improvement warehouse.

Oh and if you are wondering why we went to HD in the first place, its because Clark said their soil is much better then the soil at Lowe's! I was happy to see that the soil at HD is supplied by one of our customers, but I also know that when it was delivered to HD, it had to come on a flatbed, because the bozos in the HD garden centers don't know how to unload a van. Lowe's knows!

5 Comments:

  • At 4:37 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    HD sucks. I hope Lowes runs them out of business.

    Can Clyde have some dirt for Christmas, too?

     
  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger Suzy Neal said…

    If Chloe continues to harass Ri, she can come live with you and see what winter time is like.

     
  • At 8:00 PM, Blogger pedalista said…

    i will add a Publix rant over at my blog so I don thog all your space here. I about snapped this morning.

     
  • At 6:29 AM, Blogger Debbie D said…

    I'm mad at Home Depot because they do not allow dogs to come in with you anymore. Hard to explain to our 4yr old poodle that after 3 1/2 years so can't come in anymore when she recognizes the place. Talk about howling and whimpering.

     
  • At 10:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I prefer Lowe's even though my SIL works for HD. Terrible service. Went to the one in Winder, GA last week, guy says, "Can I help you?" I asked where the rope was and he didn't know. Some help. He looked like management too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home