Pushing Up Daisy

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

End of summer

Its the end of November and summer is gone.

Sure, I know it was official a while back. But living in south Georgia, with hot summers and mild winters, you don't really notice the seasons change too much.

The first sign of impending winter was the end of the after work bike rides due to darkness creeping in too early. Next sign was that it was time to wear pants instead of shorts on most days. Polar fleece was becoming more and more desireable. I found my slippers cause the floors are cold. Chloe has been not been camping in the early morning hours, instead, she is huddled up in our bed, pushing on Clark.

We had a frost one morning and that made poop patrol pretty good, frozen turds are easy pickin'.

Last night we made spaghetti for dinner and as I pinched the last of the basil leaves off the plant, I couldn't help but think, this is the last basil of 2007.
I wish we would have frozen some but we talked about growing some in the sunny window of the office on the hot water heater. Not the same as picking it from the basket on the deck, but it might get us through to spring time.

That's in March for you people up north!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:11 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    Greyhounds wore their coats the other morning when it was 19 degrees for our walk. Yesterday I picked up my wool coats from the dry cleaner. Winter weather advisory for tomorrow so I had snow tires put on the Beetle today. End of summer indeed!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home