Pushing Up Daisy

Thursday, November 15, 2007

I'm not the Grinch


I love Christmas. Clark and I enjoy putting up the tree and enjoying all the ornaments and talking about the memories associated with them. I even have some Christmas Converse high tops that I am looking forward to wearing soon.

Part of the Christmas season I don't understand is people who don't have any money going further into debt buying expensive gifts they can't afford. "Well, its CHRISTMAS." The true meaning of Christmas isn't about going further into the black hole of credit card debt.

Over the past weeks, I've heard someone talking about buying gifts for family members to include the iPod Touch and designer sunglasses. When you rent a house and are struggling to make car payments WHY do you need to buy such expensive things?
Couldn't some other things be found or better yet, why not just cook a Christmas Beast Feast and celebrate your family and their health?

1 Comments:

  • At 7:48 AM, Blogger pedalista said…

    Amen sister.....I can remember a few of my gifts, but the fondest memories from years past was just being with family and sharing time and meal together.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home