Ready for the mountains
We have logged a lot of miles since BatGirl took over as our riding dominatrix back in April. Her whip has kept Superman and I on the bikes even during the hot summer months, so as I write this, I am mentally preparing for the mountains of Dahlonega this Sunday.
Last September, it rained cats and dogs and we forfeited our entry fees for the 3 Gap Ride we had registered for. Figured it was better to lose a little money then wind up off the side of a mountain. Its still early, but the current forecast is for sunny skies.
Monday's ride was pretty fast, it seems like every time we ride anymore, there is no noodling along, its pretty much flat out fast. Saturday's 50 miles to Bronwood were crazy fast with a stop only long enough to grab a Lil Debbie, wolf it down, then hop back on and sprint for the house. I was Jonesing for a ham bisquit, but alas, it was not to be. We were home in the shower by 11 am, eating leftovers before noon and I was fast asleep with my Brickle Blanket on the couch by 12:30.
One of my recent major ride highlights came on Monday's ride though. Thurston and The Gnat rode with us and on Winifred, Thurston came around The Gnat and wound it up for the sprint. I stayed right on her wheel and when the time was right, sprung around her and was first to the line! She and Thurston were both impressed and I tried to humble it off by saying my double shot of espresso must have kicked in, plus I was at the right place at the right time. I was sure to thank Thurston for the lead out.
To add insult to injury, Superman took the final sprint over The Gnat and Thurston on Gillionville and I was second over the line. BatGirl came around Thurston LAUGHING!! It was spectacular, a true Kodak moment.
Superman told me that The Gnat had weighed her bike at the shop the other day and was aghast at how heavy it was. He said she said something about maybe she should lose some weight and he agreed that it was definately cheaper to lose weight then to buy new equipment. If you don't know The Gnat, let me just tell you, she's no HomeMade Bisquit Eater. You can see her spine when she bends down on her handlebars. She has no biscuit on her butt.
Good advice, Gnat, eat less so the HomeMade Biscuit Eater can continue to ride you into the dust.
Saturday's club ride is the breakfast ride to Abbott's, so we will be doing that and I am already drooling at the thought of Miss Janice's country ham biscuit. I will to be able to draw on that biscuit Sunday morning to get me up and over Hogpen and the other 2 gaps.
Last September, it rained cats and dogs and we forfeited our entry fees for the 3 Gap Ride we had registered for. Figured it was better to lose a little money then wind up off the side of a mountain. Its still early, but the current forecast is for sunny skies.
Monday's ride was pretty fast, it seems like every time we ride anymore, there is no noodling along, its pretty much flat out fast. Saturday's 50 miles to Bronwood were crazy fast with a stop only long enough to grab a Lil Debbie, wolf it down, then hop back on and sprint for the house. I was Jonesing for a ham bisquit, but alas, it was not to be. We were home in the shower by 11 am, eating leftovers before noon and I was fast asleep with my Brickle Blanket on the couch by 12:30.
One of my recent major ride highlights came on Monday's ride though. Thurston and The Gnat rode with us and on Winifred, Thurston came around The Gnat and wound it up for the sprint. I stayed right on her wheel and when the time was right, sprung around her and was first to the line! She and Thurston were both impressed and I tried to humble it off by saying my double shot of espresso must have kicked in, plus I was at the right place at the right time. I was sure to thank Thurston for the lead out.
To add insult to injury, Superman took the final sprint over The Gnat and Thurston on Gillionville and I was second over the line. BatGirl came around Thurston LAUGHING!! It was spectacular, a true Kodak moment.
Superman told me that The Gnat had weighed her bike at the shop the other day and was aghast at how heavy it was. He said she said something about maybe she should lose some weight and he agreed that it was definately cheaper to lose weight then to buy new equipment. If you don't know The Gnat, let me just tell you, she's no HomeMade Bisquit Eater. You can see her spine when she bends down on her handlebars. She has no biscuit on her butt.
Good advice, Gnat, eat less so the HomeMade Biscuit Eater can continue to ride you into the dust.
Saturday's club ride is the breakfast ride to Abbott's, so we will be doing that and I am already drooling at the thought of Miss Janice's country ham biscuit. I will to be able to draw on that biscuit Sunday morning to get me up and over Hogpen and the other 2 gaps.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home