Pushing Up Daisy

Monday, September 03, 2007

Boycott Extended

I have now added Chinese food to my boycott.

Why I thought it was ok to eat Chinese food before a bike ride is beyond me. I have now added American Chinese food to my boycott.

Sunday we had the lunch buffet at House of China II and it was not great. The best part was the lil fried doughnut balls. How Asian are those things, anyway?

We had plans to get Weaver back out on his bike, so we met him and headed out the usual route for what should have been an easy 30 miles. The little rolling hills on Oakland Plantation had me tasting that lunch so I slowed down to a creeping 15 mph.
Weaver hasn't been on his bike for a few months due to an accident in the woods, so it was understandable he wasn't feeling great either.

Luckily, SuperMan was there to pull us and get us back safely.

Today's 35 miles was a bit easier, I didn't have a belly full of fried food but I think I am still suffering the after effects of my cold from last week.

100 miles over 3 days isn't bad, but we have 102 miles coming up on September 15th, so I had to get back out there and suffer a bit now to make it easier in a couple of weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home