Pushing Up Daisy

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Made in China

If you don't know it already, I have a personal war with China.

Americans want cheap goods, so the US buys goods from other countries to include China and Mexico. Wal-Mart is full of crap made overseas, as well as the Dollar Store. Fine and dandy, you get what you pay for, right?

Today, I was happy to get back from lunch to see Joe's new dog bed had arrived from Orvis. Yes, I paid the big bucks for a big 53x35 rectangular dog bed. But, after talking to Clark about the number of cheap dog beds Bonnie has eliminated, it made sense to order a nice thick canvas one from Orvis because it would last.

After opening the box and taking it home to Joe, I came back and looked at my shipping invoice, because the bed was not a quality bed like the others we have. Well, it said canvas on the website and that's what the others are. I logged onto the Orvis chat and a Product Specialist logged on. She said she was sorry I wasn't happy with the bed. I asked if they had changed suppliers, as it wasn't the same as the others we have, and she said, yes, they had changed suppliers. I told her they needed to go back to their old supplier and I was returning the bed.

I am getting free return shipping, but now, Joe still has no bed.

Can you guess the country of origin of the bed that is now in the box to go back to Orvis???????

They forgot to lower the price in the catalog to reflect their new cheap source cost.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Our Joe Joe deserves a nice, thick plush bed! Only the best for our buddy! Guess you don't always get what you pay for.

     
  • At 4:21 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    http://cedarcreekpet.com/

    We bought (locally) a crate pad made by these folks. Furry liked it fine, and it's stood up to Fox chewing on the corner of it. And the state of Michigan would appreciate your economic support more than China.

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Blogger Suzy Neal said…

    Betsy, those are nice and good prices! PLUS, if it can stand up to Fox's chewing, it should survive the overly enthusiastic Bonnie!!

    I will be ordering from them and help out your Michigan economy!
    I check out everything I buy and if I can buy it made in the USA, I do.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home