New race tactics
The Wednesday night bike ride had an unusual mix of riders to include Shallow Hal, the Dentist and Mrs. Long Toe. For some reason Shallow Hal thinks SuperMan is his new buddy and was asking him riding advise.
The pace was civilized, good tempo, except for when the Dentist got on the front in his drops and did 17 mph. But, I guess if I was as small as he is and split Lean Cuisines for dinner with my partner, I wouldn't have a lot of juice at the front either. Side note -- The Dentist is giving a talk on Sports Nutrition at the PCP meeting tonight. I am tempted to go after drinking a few beers and heckle him, but I think I have better uses for my time.
When we hit Winnifred, I took a short pull, knowing BaTGirl was up next and she and I had already talked about me giving her the lead out on Mrs. LongToe. I later find out that Mrs. LongToe was complaining on Winnifred that we were setting up the sprint. She then started talking about the stomach bug she had yesterday and she wasn't even gonna try for the sprint.
SuperMan & I come around BaTGirl and get in front of her to give her a pull and at that, Shallow Hal comes riding alongside and asks Superman if we were getting ready to sprint. SuperMan did not dignify that with a reply, he just wound it up and so did Shallow Hal. I jumped too and SuperMan was first over the line, me second and Shallow Hal third.
Mrs. LongToe actually DID sprint and did not podium, and was quick to start telling everybody about her stomach bug and perhaps she had just eaten something that had gluten in it, as she is allergic to it. Another side note -- Gluten allergy must be the new trendy thing to have. If I wound up with that, just call Dr. Jack, cause life wouldn't be worth living.
I think I need to email the UCI and tell them that if somebody wants to sprint, they need to notify the group and if they don't think they can win the sprint, to get in touch with Mrs. LongToe and she can send them a file with all of her excuses.
The pace was civilized, good tempo, except for when the Dentist got on the front in his drops and did 17 mph. But, I guess if I was as small as he is and split Lean Cuisines for dinner with my partner, I wouldn't have a lot of juice at the front either. Side note -- The Dentist is giving a talk on Sports Nutrition at the PCP meeting tonight. I am tempted to go after drinking a few beers and heckle him, but I think I have better uses for my time.
When we hit Winnifred, I took a short pull, knowing BaTGirl was up next and she and I had already talked about me giving her the lead out on Mrs. LongToe. I later find out that Mrs. LongToe was complaining on Winnifred that we were setting up the sprint. She then started talking about the stomach bug she had yesterday and she wasn't even gonna try for the sprint.
SuperMan & I come around BaTGirl and get in front of her to give her a pull and at that, Shallow Hal comes riding alongside and asks Superman if we were getting ready to sprint. SuperMan did not dignify that with a reply, he just wound it up and so did Shallow Hal. I jumped too and SuperMan was first over the line, me second and Shallow Hal third.
Mrs. LongToe actually DID sprint and did not podium, and was quick to start telling everybody about her stomach bug and perhaps she had just eaten something that had gluten in it, as she is allergic to it. Another side note -- Gluten allergy must be the new trendy thing to have. If I wound up with that, just call Dr. Jack, cause life wouldn't be worth living.
I think I need to email the UCI and tell them that if somebody wants to sprint, they need to notify the group and if they don't think they can win the sprint, to get in touch with Mrs. LongToe and she can send them a file with all of her excuses.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home