Pushing Up Daisy

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Stoooopid Grrrlll!!

I usually don't replace watch batteries, its easier to buy a new watch most times.

This fact was illustrated at Target yesterday. I had bought a new Timex Sunday, but then decided I didn't like it, so I took it back Monday after I went to the gym. No problem returning it, it was in the box and I had my receipt.

I took my old watch back to the jewlery counter, no one around, so I go to the nearest red phone, in the hosiery dept. and call someone to come help me. Well, no one picks up the phone so after standing there for awhile, I go back to the front of the store and ask an employee who is standing talking to another employee at a register if she could page someone to come help me. She said she worked over there and walked over there with me.

She struggles getting the back of the watch off due to the length of her very artifical nails. Also, she chose not to take the strap off to easily access the back of the watch. She finally gets the back off, then has to take another cover off the battery. Finally, she gets to the battery, puts another one in, then painfully has to put the watch back together. It didn't work, so she took it all apart again and I said, let me look at it... I notice that the internal cover to the battery says "press here to reset after battery replacement. " Well, she hadn't done that, so she takes a tool out and starts gouging the inside of my watch.

I am standing there, irritated and hungry. It was quite obvious she had less of a clue about battery replacement then me, so after 40 minutes, I leave Target with my watch in pieces in a box and go to the mall to the watch kiosk to see if they could fix my battery.

I was dismayed to see the guy behind the counter there. Long haired, gouteed young guy dressed in black baggy shorts, black knee socks, black t-shirt and Converse AllStars, he was fooling with his Ipod when I walked up but went to looking at all my watch components with a look on his face that told me he didn't know anything about fixing it either. However, another young guy came back into the kiosk and he must have been the in-charge guy. He first of all took the watch band back so he could see the components, then after trying to put it all back together, told me it was worn out, that part of the internal workings were gouged out. I then told him of my Target experience. He said well, she ruined your watch and if you go back over there, they can call me and I'll tell them what she did to it.

At this point, I was tired, hungry and just plain irritated, so I elected to go home and eat dinner, then call Target and speak to a manager. Clark had dinner ready to grill, and fortunately, some margaritas in the Bar Boss.

We ate, then I called Target and spoke to a manager and told him about my experience. He wanted to know if I had bought the watch at Target and I told him yes, even though I knew it came from Walmart a few Mother's Days ago. All the dogs had chipped in on it a few years ago.. He said to bring it back and they would exchange the watch for a similar one. By then, it was 9 pm, and there was NO way I was going back up there, so I got his name and told him I'd be in tomorrow.

I made sure to write down all the Target employees' names and I will get a new watch today or will be moving on up the Target chain to bitch at someone else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home