Pushing Up Daisy

Friday, March 31, 2006

Be Prepared!


You would think living with 5 dogs & a husband, I'd be prepared for most anything. Well, last night was definately a night to challenge my capablities.

Clark woke up Thursday feeling tired and achey. I contributed that to being busy at work and the big bike ride we had Wednesday night. As the morning progressed, his condition worsened and he has now graduated to fever and a stomach bug.

Speaking of misery, my bike seat position has been causing me pain since changing to the new saddle, so after work yesterday, I rode up to CW to see Lloyd. He measured my seat, moved it back and moved the nose down a hair. Miracle! Took the pressure right off my sensitive parts! I did a little shake down ride through the neighborhood and it seems to be in the right place now.

When I got home, I fixed Clark a very light dinner, then went to Big Lots to get some more flavored waters. When I got home, Bonnie came in from outside with dookie foot. DOH... Exactly what I needed at 9 pm.

Clark, in his weakened condition, scooped her up and put her in the bathtub for me. Thank goodness she is a petite girl! That was only the 2nd bath she has gotten since coming to live with us, so it was time anyway. She was nervous in the tub but doing okay. I was almost finished rinsing her when she started to fade out on me and was sliding, so I grabbed her and jerked her out of the tub before she hurt herself. Clark came to help and we toweled her and she started coming back around.

I really didn't think the water was that warm, but it must have been too warm for her, because she was fine once we started toweling her off.

That darn Chloe came into the bathroom stalking her during her bath. No wonder Chloe winds up at the vets getting stitched up so much.

What will the rest of the day bring? At this point, I am thinking it will be a bottle of Conundrum. It IS the last day of the month and I did sign bonus checks today after all! I am hoping for a calm evening at home tonight with Clark feeling better and NO DOOKIE FOOT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home