Mother's Day Part II
Joe wasn't happy with the Ipod Nano. He and Kelsey had talked earlier in the week and decided that what Mom's really like are freshly killed birds.
Sunday after dinner, I let Joe out to take care of his business and step out onto the deck to see him & Bonnie flying across the yard. Joe emerges the victor with the bird. I holler at him, he drops it and Bonnie picks it up. I yell at her, then the deaf dog, Ri, comes and scoops up the bird. I was glad Ri came along though, the bird was injured and in pain from being nubbed by Joe. Ri the powerful locked down on the bird and when I convinced her to drop it, it was dead.
I felt bad for the bird, but there was nothing left to do but scoop it up and throw it back into the field.
Monday morning, I let Joe and the gang out for after breakfast business, only to watch him swoop in and catch yet ANOTHER bird! This one he ran with for awhile before he dropped, but when he did drop it, it was still flapping its wing. Chloe walked over, sniffed it and left. She is the cat killer, can't be bothered with birds. Mallory walked over and sniffed it so I called him in. Luckily, Bonnie and Ri were not involved.
Since Mother's Day was over, I let Clark have the honor of picking up that bird. I had already got enough gifts over the weekend.
Sunday after dinner, I let Joe out to take care of his business and step out onto the deck to see him & Bonnie flying across the yard. Joe emerges the victor with the bird. I holler at him, he drops it and Bonnie picks it up. I yell at her, then the deaf dog, Ri, comes and scoops up the bird. I was glad Ri came along though, the bird was injured and in pain from being nubbed by Joe. Ri the powerful locked down on the bird and when I convinced her to drop it, it was dead.
I felt bad for the bird, but there was nothing left to do but scoop it up and throw it back into the field.
Monday morning, I let Joe and the gang out for after breakfast business, only to watch him swoop in and catch yet ANOTHER bird! This one he ran with for awhile before he dropped, but when he did drop it, it was still flapping its wing. Chloe walked over, sniffed it and left. She is the cat killer, can't be bothered with birds. Mallory walked over and sniffed it so I called him in. Luckily, Bonnie and Ri were not involved.
Since Mother's Day was over, I let Clark have the honor of picking up that bird. I had already got enough gifts over the weekend.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home