Addicted to Coke
I will admit it. Try as I might, I am addicted to Coke.
Not the white stuff. The brown stuff.
First there was diet Coke. Boring. Then all the flavors, vanilla, cherry, lemon, lime. Vanilla, cherry and lime are all ok, but lemon tastes like Pledge. Then the crazy Coke with Splenda. Tastes like a flat RC cola.
Then, the tide changes at Coke. Out comes Coke Zero. Wow, how do they get that stuff to taste so good? A blend of 2 different artificial sweetners is the key.
I started hearing some hype about Coke BLaK and hesitated to pay 4.99 for a 4 pack when I was at Target last. On Friday, we stopped at Striplings on the way up north for a caffeine infusion and there was Coke BLak, being sold as a single in the drink case. Clark ponied up the 1.49 for it for me to try it.
If you haven't heard of BLaK, its an effervesant mix of Coke and coffee. Don't say UGH til you try it. It is delish! It too is a mixture of sweetners, this concoction is made with high fructose corn syrup and aspartame. An 8 0z bottle will cost you one point, as it is 45 calories. This is not a health drink, everything I read tells me that if high fructose corn syrup is one of the first 4 ingredients in something, to avoid it. Caution to the wind! It's a caffeine checkmark.
How they keep coming up with these new wacky drinks, I don't know. I have heard there is a big push to compete with the coffee giant Starbucks & to expect to see more coffee beverages in the future.
Just don't take away Zero and BLak when you come up with the next big thing.
Not the white stuff. The brown stuff.
First there was diet Coke. Boring. Then all the flavors, vanilla, cherry, lemon, lime. Vanilla, cherry and lime are all ok, but lemon tastes like Pledge. Then the crazy Coke with Splenda. Tastes like a flat RC cola.
Then, the tide changes at Coke. Out comes Coke Zero. Wow, how do they get that stuff to taste so good? A blend of 2 different artificial sweetners is the key.
I started hearing some hype about Coke BLaK and hesitated to pay 4.99 for a 4 pack when I was at Target last. On Friday, we stopped at Striplings on the way up north for a caffeine infusion and there was Coke BLak, being sold as a single in the drink case. Clark ponied up the 1.49 for it for me to try it.
If you haven't heard of BLaK, its an effervesant mix of Coke and coffee. Don't say UGH til you try it. It is delish! It too is a mixture of sweetners, this concoction is made with high fructose corn syrup and aspartame. An 8 0z bottle will cost you one point, as it is 45 calories. This is not a health drink, everything I read tells me that if high fructose corn syrup is one of the first 4 ingredients in something, to avoid it. Caution to the wind! It's a caffeine checkmark.
How they keep coming up with these new wacky drinks, I don't know. I have heard there is a big push to compete with the coffee giant Starbucks & to expect to see more coffee beverages in the future.
Just don't take away Zero and BLak when you come up with the next big thing.

1 Comments:
At 10:17 PM,
Len said…
I agree, that Coke BlaK is good stuff. Given a choice I'd usually go for a Starbucks Doubleshot but it's good to have a choice.
Post a Comment
<< Home