Pushing Up Daisy

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

One year


Mallory Neal. He was quite the character and a benevolent dictator to the rest of the pack. He loved a good cheeseburger, comfortable couches, marrow bones, traveling in the X5 and hogging up more then his fair share of floor space. Oh, and night patrol, don't forget night patrol! He didn't like bathes or cats or dogs outside his fenced in area. He was an expert herding dog, blocking you so you could not pass the cookie jar without treating him up.

Go to Checkers today and celebrate Mal's life with a cheeseburger. Hold the mayo, please!

5 Comments:

  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    How heartbreaking. You will be missed Mal.

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger Clark said…

    It's hard to believe it's been a year since his passing. I still miss him and think about him every single day. He was a larger than life presence that we didn't truly understand until he was gone and we found out just how big a void he left in the pack and our lives.
    I have been able to actually sit on our couch with Suzy from time to time these days, though! It's just not the same not having to race him for the spot...

     
  • At 8:32 PM, Blogger Ashley said…

    Over the past few years I was lucky enough to get to know Mr. Mal. I've shared the couch with him many a night. He sure knew how to win a heart! He was quite the gentleman unless he wanted a cookie or some meat. Even then he was sweet, but knew what he wanted. Mallory taught me a lot of things about life & hounds. But most of all he taught me about the unconditional love that he gave. Mallory & his siblings are the reason that I am lucky enough to be Kelsey's mom & to know that love everyday. Mal's passing has left a big hole in my life. I consider myself among the lucky ones to have known him & to be someone who will always love him. Not a day goes by that I don't think of him & his sweet personality also his goofy ways too. We will have cheeseburgers in your honor this week. I still buy peanut butter cookies because they were your favorite. You are missed & loved everyday Mr. Mallory. Life isn't the same with out you!
    Love,
    Aunt Ashley & Kelsey D

     
  • At 9:03 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    I know you guys sure do miss the big goofy boy, but he did leave behind a legacy. He taught Clyde about sofa hogging and how to take up space in the car. I think he also somehow passed his cookie trick onto Trudy, who comes in the house and stares at the cookie jar until I give her a snack.

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Blogger Megan: Dyer, Spinner and Weaver said…

    Wow. A year. I really can't believe it has been so long. Mr. Puffer Mouth will live long in our memories.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home