LiveStrong

I always wear my LiveStrong bracelet to remind me that there is no challenge that can't be overcome.
Tonight I had a member who lost 5 lbs. this past week. She is a regular attendee but was not there the week of Thanksgiving. Not a big deal, a lot of people didn't come that week. However, when I got there, she told me she had made goal that night but it wasn't good. She hadn't been eating because the week before, her husband had been diagnosed with cancer.
They've been married 48 years and she is crushed and full of questions. Her husband has an appointment Friday with Dr. Jose Tongol. She had heard of his good reputation and I agreed and told her we were so lucky to have him here in Albany, his cancer research is known world-wide, that he has even had Lance Armstrong at his home and has done a charity ride across the nation with him.
She didn't know of the LiveStrong website and asked me to write down the address. I gave her my bracelet and told her to log on get some questions and support.
I was glad she was at the meeting tonite because everyone cheered for her and for a while, she was able to focus on herself. The topic tonight was Taking Time for Yourself..... Pretty timely.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home