Pushing Up Daisy

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Its Time for Tights

57 is cold.

You don't really think of being cold when the temperature is almost 60 degrees, but it is!

The dogs got me up early as usual Saturday morning, so I had plenty of time for a bowl of cereal before I went to ride my bike. The club ride started from Hardee's in Leesburg and was going to Cutts for breakfast. I had no idea where Cutts was, but I knew that this was the monthly ride where the club picked up the tab for breakfast.

When I got to Hardee's, there weren't many people there to ride. Shallow Hal, his wife, Talks Too Much, Vann the Cat Killer and Elaine Hammer. That's it. Everyone was standing around shivering in the parking lot and I was wishing I had brought a jacket, but was glad I had on tights. I wore them since I couldn't find my knickers. Once we got rolling, I was ok comfortable but as we headed north towards Leslie on 195, the wind started gusting. Somebody wondered outloud where the tornado was. After working hard, Hammer, Talks too Much and I arrived in Leslie and waited at the turn to DeSoto for the rest of the group.

We rode by the Leslie Civic Center, I think Earth Wind and Fire were playing there Saturday night and took a left and headed to Cutts, which is on 280 in DeSoto. Old country style restaurant that has food in plain view and you just point and tell the nice lady what you want and she puts it on a plate. I opted for ham over the streak o lean, scrambled eggs, cheese grits and a big cat head biscuit. Like any good country restaurant, they had cane syrup on the table. I was really enjoying pouring that syrup onto my ham and biscuit when I notice that everything that's fat free isn't necessarily low in calories. But, hey, I was cold and this WAS second breakfast afterall.

After we ate, it was very difficult to go back out into the grey cold weather, but we had to get home and there was only one way to get back and that was on the bicycle. We were fortunate most of the way home to have a cross tail wind so the 20 miles home wasn't as tough as the 20 miles out. I think it was the cane syrup that got me home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home