Pushing Up Daisy

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Vacation Countdown

On Monday, I realized that we had 3 full weeks before we left for Punta Cana. That's a long time when you are ready for relaxation. But not really a long time when the 10 lbs. you set out to lose is still with you!

Monday I got very serious about my weight loss plans. I did very well all day, then blew it at dinner... We won't talk about what I had. Just suffice it to say, it was over my daily points allowance!!

No worries, got back up Tuesday morning, wrote down all the evil foods I had Monday night, and re-committed myself to 20 points a day unless we had good bike mileage to boost the points.

During my meeting, one member asked if you had to eat all your points everyday and I turned that question to the group, who of course told her Yes and the group gave her suggestions how to get in points at the end of the day if necessary. I then jokingly asked the group if anyone had any they didn't think they'd use, since I only had 5 left for the day!

Seriously. 5 left for the day. WTF do you eat for 5 points?

I cooked up a pot of veggie cheese soup and grilled a Boca burger and thick onion slice in the panini and had a very filling and satisfying dinner for 5 points that included sauteed mushrooms and a slice of 2 percent pepper jack cheese.

Today, I have done much better at managing my points and have 10 left for the day.... Writing food down in your journal really is the key to knowing that you have been eating too much.

Stay tuned for updates from the Queen of the Zero Point Vegetables!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:47 PM, Blogger Len said…

    Five points is a big beer, right?

     
  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger Suzy Neal said…

    UHHHH... Depends on what kind your drinking.... Regular beer 12 oz is 3 points... Amstel Light is 2.. Best bang for the points is wine. One bottle is 15 points or there abouts.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home