Pushing Up Daisy

Friday, June 02, 2006

Girls gone WILD

My after lunch ritual is to take the dogs outside for one more potty opportunity for Joe.

Today, Mallory elected to stay on his couch and didn't join us. The 3 girl greyhounds, Chloe, Bonnie and the visiting Kelsey decided it was GO time.

Bonnie grabbed the fake stuffed squirrel and started zooming around the yard like a mad dog in the 90+ degree heat. Kelsey took chase, as did Chloe. ZOOM to the big corner pit, ZOOM behind the shed into the starting box, Zoom up onto the deck and repeat the ZOOMING. When one girl dropped the squirrel, another would pick it up and ZOOM with it.

They all played nicely together, with Joe trying to block them. He is such a wussie. He's not fast enough to win the chase, so he blocks the fast dog and/or tries to bite them in the neck. I guess that's how he had so many career wins. You don't have to be the fastest dog, you just have to have a good stategy to block the other dogs.

I was wishing I had the camera handy, but the shots would have been hazy from all the dust that was created by the ZOOMING.

All 3 girl greyhounds were stacked up in the hall way when I left to go back to work, panting like freight trains.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home