Easy Weight Loss
I had one new member at my WW meeting last night, nice, 4 years younger then me and 10 lbs. heavier then I was when I joined 5 years ago. She came to WW after a doctor's consultation for lap band surgery. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adjustable_gastric_banding_surgery
I was shocked! She doesn't really have that much weight to lose, but told me her friend who was 10 lbs. heavier then her had the lap band surgery and has lost a lot of weight. As we talked, I learned she was in sales in the food industry and just loved food. Cooking, eating out, looking at recipes and cookbooks.
She seemed to have done a lot of research about lap band and found that even though the surgery reduced the stomach, it did nothing for the mental cravings for food.
She was intelligent enough to realize the lap band surgery wouldn't work for her because of her love of food, so I told her that was the beauty of the WW program, we eat real food, no prepackaged stuff unless you wanted it, and you learn about the importance of exercise and moderation. She admitted to having been a member 5 years ago, but only came twice before she quit.
I had her commit to give me 6 weeks and she said she would. She bought the summer coupon promotion, so I will stay on her. I spent too much time hearing her frustration to let her quit.
I was shocked! She doesn't really have that much weight to lose, but told me her friend who was 10 lbs. heavier then her had the lap band surgery and has lost a lot of weight. As we talked, I learned she was in sales in the food industry and just loved food. Cooking, eating out, looking at recipes and cookbooks.
She seemed to have done a lot of research about lap band and found that even though the surgery reduced the stomach, it did nothing for the mental cravings for food.
She was intelligent enough to realize the lap band surgery wouldn't work for her because of her love of food, so I told her that was the beauty of the WW program, we eat real food, no prepackaged stuff unless you wanted it, and you learn about the importance of exercise and moderation. She admitted to having been a member 5 years ago, but only came twice before she quit.
I had her commit to give me 6 weeks and she said she would. She bought the summer coupon promotion, so I will stay on her. I spent too much time hearing her frustration to let her quit.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home